In Understanding Metabolism Scott Abel discusses the truth about metabolic damage, the truth about calorie counting and calorie math, and what will and what won't lead to a healthy, robust metabolism and a fast metabolism. Scott argues that it is about thinking long term. If you're looking for sustainable weight loss, metabolism is about much more than a day in, day out calculation of “calories in/calories out,” especially when you look at it over a period of weeks and months.
- What realistic protein needs are if you're weight training.
- Why diets fail when they don't take metabolism into account.
- What causes metabolic damage, and the reality of repairing metabolic damage or healing a broken metabolism.
- The truth about cardio, and why more cardio can actually make you fat.
- How less exercise can lead to a faster metabolism.
- Why the current “calorie-burning” focus of exercise is flawed and ineffective for optimal metabolic function and weight loss.
- What kinds of exercises and training is best for an optimized metabolism.
- Is caffeine okay? What about artificial sweeteners? Should I be aware of gluten? The book also has in-depth discussions of current trends like Paleo Dieting, the DNA Diet, and more.
Learn the proper diet for a fast metabolism and health, longterm metabolic function. Learn what you need to know to lose weight… and KEEP it off. Get Understanding Metabolism now.
* All prices in CAD.
Checkout on a secure 256-bit SSL encrypted cart and payment page.