The Other Side of the Mirror:
Uncover the Psychology of Body Image Dependency Disorder
Finally, a book that tackles the dangers of the fitness industry: body image disorder, binge eating, emotional eating, and more.
A few years ago, respected bodybuilding media said, “Scott Abel may be the planet’s first living, breathing PhD in Bodybuilding.” In The Other Side of the Mirror, Scott proves it!
In The Other Side of Mirror, Scott explores the psychology of Body Image Dependency Disorder and all of its ramifications and consequences.
Who This Book Is For
- If you have ever struggled with your Body Image; you need to read this book!
- If you have ever struggled with Binge Eating, over eating, or emotional eating; you need to read this book!
- If you have ever felt low, depressed or insecure because of your physical mirror image; you need to read this book!
- If you compete in any area of the vanity industries, such as Bodybuilding, Modelling, Fitness, Figure, Beauty Pageants, etc.; you need to read this book!
- If you are a competitor and you have ever suffered post-contest depression; you need to read this book!
- If you are a coach or trainer to competitors in the Fitness Industry; you need to read this book!
Scott’s unique combination of coaching background, education and going on three decades of experience at the highest levels in the Fitness Industry gives him unique insights into a unique problem viewed from a very unique professional perspective.
The Other Side of the Mirror finally addresses the mental, emotional, and behavioural problems that can manifest from a pursuit of Ideal Body Image when it is blurred or distorted from the overall healthy Self-Image which should precede it.
The Other Side of the Mirror is a daring look at a very real and growing personal issue in the Fitness Industry and beyond. The Other Side of the Mirror will become a standard reference with regards to self-checking for anyone seriously involved in the Fitness Industry.
It is a must read for anyone who has ever struggled with Body Image on any level. It is truly illuminating and enlightening
What You Will Learn
- Learn and Understand the Difference between Body Consciousness as a normal part of human vanity vs. the destructive consequences of Body Image Disorder.
- Learn the difference between Body Image Disorder and Healthy Body Image.
- Learn the most important coaching strategies for overcoming Body Image Disorder.
- Learn the most common indicators of Body Image Disorder and its behavioural consequences.
- Learn the most common mistakes made by people attempting to overcome Body Image Disorder.
- Learn the Other Side of not just the mirror, but the Fitness Industry itself that preys on perpetuating this disorder for its own profits.
- Learn the dangers of attachment to ‘competitor mentality’.
Only $29 CAD
Secure Credit Card Payment